Sunday, July 29, 2007

Harry Potter Mania


Well, it took me almost exactly a week to the hour to finish the seventh and final Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I bought the book around 1:00 am on Saturday, July 21 and finished it at 12:45 am Saturday, July 28. I probably would have finished it sooner, but I was busy getting ready for our Yosemite trip and I wanted to take my time reading the book. I knew there would be a lot of information and I didn't want to miss anything. I have many friends who finished the book in two or three days. I am amazed at the creativity and imagination of author J.K. Rowling. Just minutes ago, I watched her interview on Dateline. I am quite impressed with her. She said she is thrilled to know that she has gotten people excited about reading. She has such a love for her work and her characters! The task of writing seven books has taken seventeen years of her life. Now that the final book is over, it's hard to believe. This last week I have felt all consumed with Harry and his world. I have been dreaming about him, recalling past books, and fitting all the pieces of the plots together. I have been eager to discuss it with friends who have also finished. Even though I have completed the book, this is not the end of Harry. I still have two movies to look forward to. I anticipate reading the books all over again, maybe with my boys when they are preteens. Would anyone be interested in a Harry Potter movie marathon where we watch all the movies? From Dateline, I learned they are going to build a Harry Potter theme park in Florida. Potter Mania will live on! If anyone wants to talk about Harry or the seventh book, please leave me a comment.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I bought it but have yet to start reading it, thanks for no spoilers! I will let you know when I am done and ready to discuss it!