Wednesday, September 5, 2007

34 Years Old

Yes, today is my 34th birthday. It sounds kinda old, but I don't feel old at all. I feel like I still have so much to learn. I have a feeling I'm going to live a long time because I really have a lot to learn on my journey here on earth. Well, I am having a wonderful birthday so far. I got the girls off to school and the boys and I went to the gym. I really love my workouts! Then I got my favorite lunch: a Caesar salad and baked potato from Wendy's and a diet limeade at Sonic. I'm looking forward to watching a movie with a friend from my ward this afternoon. Lloyd is going to take my out to dinner between soccer practice and church activities for the girls. He also said he would call in sick tonight so we could spend the evening together (just to be honest he hasn't been felling that great). My real birthday celebrations came early this year. Two weeks ago Courtney and I went a day at the waterslides, just the two of us. We had the best day and it was so fun to get a break form home life. I absolutely love the thrill of going down waterslides. That evening we went out to Claim Jumpers, one of my favorite restaurants. It was a perfect day! On Labor Day, Lloyd and I spent the afternoon floating down the Stanislaus River with our good friends the Haslems. We greatly misjudged how long the river trip would be. We thought it would take one to one and a half hours, but it actually took more like four hours. We were kicking and paddling as quickly as we could on the air mattress we were on. It still was a lot of fun and a day we won't forget.
Like I said, it's hard to believe I'm 34, only 6 more years and I'll be 40. Today I took a few minutes to reflect upon my life. I honestly feel so blessed and really couldn't wish for more! I have a husband that treats me so well. After 13 years of marriage I am still totally in love with him. I have five beautiful and healthy children. With them around, my life is never dull. They have brought me some of my greatest challenges, and also some of my greatest joys. (I have a blog I will soon be writing about my thoughts on motherhood.) I live in a sweet home in an area I really like. I have a very thoughtful and loving mother, stepfather, sister, and brothers. I have several precious friends who make me feel special and support me in many ways. I live in a country with freedom and access to so many opportunities. Most of all, I know that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me. Jesus Christ is the center of my life. I strive daily to follow His example and do His will.
I feel this past year has really been a year of growth for me. I have been trying to be more easy going. I have had many humbling experiences, so now I try to stay humble so the Lord is not compelled to humble me. I really try to watch what I say. I try not to be negative in any way. I have heard your 30's are when you stop trying to please everyone else and do what's best for you. I'm working on this too (with Lloyd's help). Overall, I have tried to be a more peaceful person. I am definitely far from perfect, but I have felt a big change in my life. I am grateful for what I have learned and look forward to refining myself even more. I am happy and content with life. I am truly grateful for all that I have been blessed with. I have added my favorite quote to our blog page, "In the end, only kindness matters." May we all remember this as we go through life together.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday sweetie!