Sunday, April 18, 2010

Magic Mountain


I took my girl scout troop to Magic Mountain April 5-7. We had been preparing and looking forward to this trip for about three years. we sold lots of cookies and saved our money so we could go. It was a great time for me, my co-leader and the nine girls (ages 13-15) who came.

Our trip started at the Modesto Amtrak station early on Monday morning.

We took the train to Bakersfield and then we took a bus to Valencia.
In Valencia we took the city bus to our hotel. We were quite the travelers!
On Tuesday we went to Magic Mountain. I have never seen so many roller coasters in my life. Each ride was a little different, but my very favorite was X2. It was so different than any roller coaster i have ever been on. It plays music throughout the ride and it makes for a very unique experience.
It was fun to spend time with Courtney.

We even met the dancing old man from the Six Flags commercials. I think we all enjoyed the trip - the train rides, the Holiday Inn express, going out for pizza, getting a midnight snack at Denny's, and just laughing and being together. Girl scouts can be fun!

2 comments:

Tiffany Tolman said...

You and Courtney look like sisters. No way you are old enough to be the mom!

The Aussie and the Owl said...

What fun!! I think just the trip down there looked fun :)