Thursday, October 18, 2007

Family Updates

Everyone I've been talking to says that they have been so busy lately. I keep wondering why October is such a busy month. I mean it's not like its the holiday season. I guess it is soccer season though and that keeps our family very busy. We have at least three soccer games at different times and places every Saturday. We are so grateful Lloyd has weekends off! Well, I thought I would just give a quick update on what we have all been up to.

Lloyd is working a lot; he's trying to work a double shift every week so we can have a little extra. He is in the second counselor in the Stake YMs and is in charge of coordinating the roadshows for the entire stake. He just ordered our new pool liner and wishes he had more time to spend working on the backyard. We all celebrated when we learned Lloyd got Halloween night off.

Kristi enjoyed her half marathon, but hasn't gone on a run since. She's been doing Body Pump and Turbo Kick classes at the gym. She's trying to eat a little better to lose the last 12 pounds to get to her pre-pregnancy weight. She picks up a lot after the kids and is almost always doing laundry. She is in charge of the Primary program at church (Oct. 28) which seems to be going pretty well. She's been buying a few items from ebay including the kids' Halloween costumes and a professional flat iron.

Courtney is becoming a teenager. She is in our ward's roadshow. She also started back with Girl Scouts (Kristi is the leader). She just took her earrings out and is sporting a different pair every day. She loves to instant message on the computer and play her SIMS 2 Pets game. Courtney also loves the trophy (2nd place) she got from her last soccer tournament.

On Tuesday, Katelyn and Kylie switched back to the Standiford, the school that they went to last year. Originally, they had to go to our neighborhood school because their transfer to Standiford was denied, but Standiford called on Friday and asked us if we wanted to come back. The girls decided they would. Now all of the girls are on a traditional schedule instead of year round. Katelyn adores her new teacher. She is also back to Girl Scouts and ballroom dancing. She has improved so much in soccer and is really helping her team out this year.

Kylie is all over the soccer field! I keep reminding her not to be a "ball hog." She scores at least five goals a game (there are no goalies at her level). She has also started gymnastics. Her teacher says it comes pretty naturally to her. I would love for her to compete in gymnastics like I did, we'll see. She is such a great reader. I wish I could take the credit, but it comes from her kindergarten teacher and her own ability. She also is enjoying Brownie Girl Scouts. Kylie keeps telling us she doesn't want to grow up because she doesn't want to get her period (we're preparing Courtney for this one) or have a baby. She says she just wants to be ten years old not any older.

Cameron is Cameron - never a dull moment when he's around. He thinks some Halloween things are "scary." He locked me out of the house three times last week, lost my license(luckily Kylie found it inside a dollhouse in the garage), and throws things out his bedroom window on the second story. He also sneaks into the car to eat gum and swallow it. I think he swallowed 4-5 pieces one day. Even though he keeps us on our toes, he is very sweet. He always has a kiss for us and says very precious things. When I say "How old are you?" He says "I'm three years old." When I ask how old I am he says, "You're Sister Payne." Also, when he makes a mess in his room or breaks something I say "Who did this?" and he readily admits, "I did it!" Last week he ripped up the two framed pictures I had of the boys with their newborn pictures and footprints. Oh well! Cameron also loves going to his play group with four other little boys every Tuesday and Thursday.

Conner is now 9 months old. I keep telling him not to grow up, but he isn't listening. I love all the baby stages, but he's at an especially cute one right now! He is always smiling at us and so very happy. He still loves to climb up the stairs and continues to do the army crawl. He loves to eat and nurse. He is getting his 8th tooth. It's funny he had 7 teeth for so long and the one that is coming in on the bottom is finally going to even things up. He has recently learned how to shake his head "no" and does it all the time to get attention. Now we are trying to teach him to wave bye-bye. He loves the vacuum. He gets a huge smile on his face whenever he sees the vacuum and always chases after it. I think he looks so cute when he sits on the seat in a shopping cart. He holds the little bar and smiles at everyone he sees. I told the girls I may just have to take a picture of him in the shopping cart (Courtney thinks that would be very embarrassing). He is sleeping well. He goes to sleep around 10 and wakes up around 7. He and Cameron already really love each other. I think those two are going to be trouble together. Tonight I asked the girls, "Is it just me or is Conner really cute?" They said he really is a cute baby. We are so blessed to have him. I have to admit I love it that he can't talk back to me yet. I adore his little blonde head and precious blue eyes. He looks a lot like Kylie. I guess you could say I'm smitten with our little guy.

Well, that's life around here. I'm grateful this blog is helping me record some things about the kids. I haven't written in my journal in a long time. I'm trying to enjoy these precious years with my children.



2 comments:

Penny said...

I'm with Kylie, put off the period as long as you can!

It's great to be able to keep in touch with you and your family!

Mae said...

Hey there! Here I am trying not to be shy about posting a comment. I'm new to this blogging thing! Your blog -- is that what this is called? -- is cool. (I'm out of touch with the tech. terms.) I'm glad to hear how you and your family are doing. You've inspired me to try running again. (I'll let you know when I actually do it.) And where are you going to lose those last 12 pounds! You already look great! Take care!