Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A Priceless Feeling

On Saturday, September 29, I ran the half marathon I had been training since May for. Below are a few costs I had for the half marathon.



Worn in running shoes:

35 dollars
















MP3 player with all favorite songs:

85 dollars










Half Marathon entry fee:

40 dollars






The thrill of running 13.1 miles and crossing the finish line:

PRICELESS!



Yes, I really enjoyed the race along with my two friends Ann and Julie. The course race was very flat which I loved. The weather was perfect (not too hot or cold), except for a little wind. I completed the race in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Julie and Ann were 7 minutes ahead of me at 1 hour 57 minutes. I was excited that I beat my goal by 11 minutes; my goal was to finish in 2 hours 15 minutes. I think the pizza and cookies I ate the night before gave me extra energy and the songs Lloyd had downloaded for me kept me moving. I got a little tired around mile 9, but not too bad. The only mile that was hard was mile 13 because I knew I was almost there. It was such an exhilarating feeling when I finished. A runner's high really is priceless. Ann and I (and maybe Julie) are looking forward to doing a full marathon in October 2008 in St. George, UT. Something to train hard for - 26 miles is twice as many as 13!

2 comments:

Penny said...

Good for you- that's awesome!! I always say, "I want to like to run, but I just don't." But, I really do WANT to like it. Anyways, that is great! My next door neighbor just finished the St. George marathon last weekend...

Tell Ann hi for me, I miss everyone there!

Laura said...

Your amazing!