Monday, March 9, 2009

Cameron's Firehouse Field Trip

On February 23, Cameron went on a field trip to the fire station with his preschool class. I have to admit, this was one of the most interesting and fun field trips I've gone on. The firemen were so wonderful with the kids. They were friendly, patient, and explained everything so well. They all looked pretty cute in their uniforms too!
Cameron is really starting to love firetrucks. This was the first year I convinced him that he didn't have to have a train birthday party so he had a firetruck party instead.

The firemen have a lot of clothes and equipment. They taught us the difference between a fire truck and a fire engine. An engine carries water, while a truck has a long ladder and more equipment for getting into buildings. Cameron even got to climb on one of the engines. They showed us the dinner bell. They all take turns cooking the meals. I was most excited about seeing them slide down the pole. This was an older fire station so they actually have a pole, but they said most newer stations don't have poles. Cameron and his bud, Collin, each got a fire hat to take home.

I am so glad I got to go on this field trip with Cameron. I loved seeing his excitement and the cute expressions on his face. Also, did I mention that the firemen looked cute in their uniforms? Not a bad way to spend my morning!

1 comment:

Laura said...

What a fun field trip. I think I would even find it interesting.