Sunday, June 28, 2009

Courtney's 8th Grade Graduation

Yes, Courtney graduated from 8th Grade on June 6. She is leaving middle school and will be starting high school in the fall. I don't even want to imagine how fast the next four years are going to go. It seemed like just yesterday, I was bringing her home from the hospital. She was such a precious newborn baby then. Now she is a lovely young women. She is kind, helpful, righteous, smart, athletic, and friendly. Being the oldest, she has to help out at home a lot. i am so grateful for her and her example to our family. Here is the graduation announcement we sent to all our family members. My friend Stacey took the pictures and designed the announcement. It scanned in a little fuzzy; the original looks even better.Courtney's graduation was held in the gym at Johansen High School. I was very impressed because they kept it very short and sweet. The entire ceremony was only about an hour long.
I got this one of Courtney right after she got her diploma. I think I was embarrassing her with all my cheering. She's not one to want a lot of attention.Courtney got two honors along with her diploma. She earned the Presidential Award for Education Excellence and the California Junior Scholastic Federation Honor Award. She only got four tickets for the graduation. Lloyd and I went along with Bryce and Chareen.

We celebrated at home with a nice dinner and cake. I was excited about putting her photo on the cake. I think it came out really cute and it was a great deal.
Even though her sisters and brothers didn't attend the graduation they were so proud of Courtney!

1 comment:

Laura said...

What a great girl Courtney is! I told her she should come visit me for a week :)

I love love the announcement.