Sunday, June 28, 2009

Katelyn's Girl Scout Camp

Katelyn went to Girl Scout camp at Camp Menzies for six days. This was her second time going to Camp Menzies. She was excited to be attending the "Horse Lovers" program this year. Her friend Angelica also went with her. Here they are before they got on the bus.
Here's Katelyn with some of the girls from her group. They learned how to take care of horses and got to rides the horses too.
They also got to go canoeing.
Katelyn is in the back of the canoe.

They played in the water to keep cool at camp.
Katelyn's favorite camp memories were:
1- making new friends and the fun counselors
2- working with the horses
3- activities (archery, canoeing, crafts)
4- singing songs
5- sleeping in a cabin

1 comment:

GrandpaJay said...

Kristi,
I know I should probably post more comments because you like to know when people have visited your blog. I'll try to do better just so you know. Somehow I missed this one about Katelyn, but when I saw it today, I had to thank you for keeping us all abreast of all the kid's activities! I love that alot, especially since I don't always hear about everything you talk with your Mom about on the phone. I love you too.