Thursday, November 12, 2009

Young Women in Excellence

Young Women in Excellence for our ward was held on November 11. We went with a Royalty/Princess theme calling it "Daughters of a King." We kept it really simple this year and held it in the chapel. I like having it in the chapel because it meant less decorating and it seemed more spiritual. Each of the girls had a part in the program some gave prayers or talks, one group did a reader's theater of the book "Parable of the Princesses," and another group of girls sang the song, "Daughter of a King." All the girls learned the Young Women theme is sign language; it was neat to watch them sign the theme. My favorite part of the evening was when all the girls sang, "Hold Our Torches High." They sounded so beautiful as they sang the song. As I looked into each of their faces, I felt so much love towards each of the young women. They truly are precious daughters of our Heavenly Father. After the program, we had castle cookies and cupcakes. We enjoyed looking at all the girls' table displays. We also watched a video slide show that Courtney made for one of her value projects. It was fun to see all the different activities we've done throughout the past year. It was a perfect evening. Here I am with our ward's Young Women leaders. I feel so blessed to be able to work with such amazing women.
I am also blessed to be able to work with Courtney in the Young Women program. She is my daughter, but also my example. She is now taller than me. I am trying to cherish each day I have with her before she is gone. I can't believe she'll be in college in four years. I am so blessed!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I didn't realize you were in young women's. You must be great. Courtney is so gorgeous and stylish.

I just got put in the Primary Presidency. My ward of 8 yrs was split. Well actually it felt worse as it was just my street that moved to a new ward that I knew no one. No one moved with me that me or my kids were friends with. I have shed many many tears over this. It feels like moving :(

Laura said...

Not to mention it happened right after Alan's Mom went home. All my other ward had become like family helping me out during that time. Loosing all of them when I felt so dependent was horrible.