Monday, March 29, 2010

Being an Auntie in Arizona

My sister, Karen, and her husband were lucky enough to go on a cruise to the Bahamas. Karen has been such a fun and loving Auntie to my kids for many years. I have always been worried that I will be the old and boring Aunt to my nieces and nephews. With that being said, I couldn't resist the opportunity to help watch Karen's kids while she was away on her cruise. I got to spend four days (March 19-23) with these two cuties - Ethan, age three and a half, and Adelaide (Addie) age 2.

Ethan is such a handsome and bright boy. He began talking at a very young age and still speaks like a much older child. I told Karen I think he must be gifted! He was a great helper and so much fun to talk to.Addie is Karen's sweet little girl. She loves girly things and insists that anything pink is hers. She loved playing with the baby doll I brought her. She doesn't even cry when you put her to sleep in her crib, probably because that's the only time she gets her pacifier that she calls her "wa wa."
I thought it was sweet and cute that Addie kept calling me "Mama." I think I must have reminded her of Karen. Ethan called me "Aunt Kristi." I can only hope that he thought I was a fun and loving Aunt (like Karen was to my kids for so many years). Here I am with "eating up" these two sweetie pies.Katelyn joined me for the trip to Arizona. It was a great time for us to bond as mother and daughter. She also helped out a lot with the kids.
We had a lot of fun while we were there. We made cookies, went out for ice cream, played in the back yard, read books, played games, went to church, and went out to Cici's Pizza (I've seen so many commercials for it, I had to try it).
Karen came back from her cruise on our last day there. She took us out for a delicious lunch.
Then we went to the park. I was glad to see Karen and her cute kids. We wished they lived closer. We love you guys!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I am so impressed you went out there to watch her kids! What a great sister and auntie. Her kids are adorable!

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.