Thursday, July 8, 2010

Conner's Swim Lessons

This was Conner's first year of swimming lessons (June 21-30). It was quite an experience! On the first day he HATED it! He wanted me to hold him and didn't want anything to do with the water. I literally had to sit by the edge of the pool and force him to stay there. I really felt like he was the "problem child" and I got several sympathetic looks from parents! The next day was a little better, but not by much. When the teacher asked all the kids to put their face in the water and blow bubbles, Conner emphatically said, "I NOT blow bubbles!" The swimming lessons were for two weeks and every day he improved a little more and cried a little less. I took all of these photos on his last day. I was so proud of the progress he made. We'll see how next year goes!

He finally agreed to blow bubbles. He was so proud of himself!

His teacher was very patient!

I adore his smile!

He loved grabbing his fish ring!

This took a lot of courage for him!

I love my little swimmer. I think he's a real cutie!

No comments: