Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

I love all holidays. I enjoy decorating, creating traditions, and celebrating in fun ways. I especially love Thanksgiving because of what it represents. I love focusing on all my blessings and expressing gratitude for them. I believe that true happiness comes from gratitude. This year I heard a Relief Society lesson given by Sister Mack on gratitude. I loved that lesson and tried to carry it in my heart throughout the entire holiday season. The lesson was based on President Monson's talk, "The Divine Gift of Gratitude." This year we were able to watch Cameron perform in a kindergarten Thanksgiving program. Al the kids looked so cute dressed up as pilgrims and Indians.

After the program all the students enjoyed a "feast."

Conner and I enjoyed seeing Cameron's Thanksgiving celebration. Cameron loves kindergarten and we are so grateful for his amazing teacher.

We had a quiet Thanksgiving at my mom's this year. We were so grateful that Bryce and Chareen were expecting their first baby in April.


Of course, my mom and Jay prepared a wonderfully delicious meal. They are both such talented cooks!


I consider my marriage to Lloyd one of my greatest blessings. He is such a loving, righteous, hard working, and sensitive husband. I am truly blessed!

No comments: