Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Five Places I Want to Visit

My friend Laura tagged me on her blog - http://our-munchkins.blogspot.com/ on January 16 and I am finally responding. I'm so sorry, Laura. I'm really not trying to be rude. Getting the house painted really made things crazy around here and things are just getting back to normal. I have several posts I want to do so I'll try to catch up this week. She asked me to share five random things about myself, five places I want to visit or revisit, or five things I never imagined in my future when I was 25 years old. I chose to share five places I want to visit or revisit. I am excited about this one since I haven't really traveled much. So here they are:

1- I want to visit New York City. All of my siblings have already been there. I want to see the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, Central Park, and Ellis Island. I would also like to see a Broadway musical and maybe even go to a show taping like David Letterman or Conan O'Brien. Lloyd and I will make it there some day.

2-I want to go to Europe. I haven't done enough research to know where I would like to go, but I would be interested in seeing Italy, France, or Denmark.

3-I want to visit Nauvoo with my all of my children. I hope we can do this before Courtney graduates from high school.

4-I want to go on another cruise with Lloyd. We went on a three-day cruise to Ensenada in 1999 and it was the best! I don't care where we go on the cruise, I just want to go again. I really recommend it; its a more afforable way to travel. My friend just won a cruise and I am so excited for her and her husband!

5-I want to go back to Hawaii. Lloyd and I went there on our honeymoon in 1994. Thanks to my mom and Jay this dream is coming true in July. They are taking my family and all of my siblings' families to Hawaii! I haven't thought about it too much because it seems too amazing. I really can't believe it. Lloyd and I only went to Oahu, but we are going to Kawaii this time. I feel so lucky!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Payne, it's Julie! (:
I was really excited to read your letter a while ago, I've only the time to write to you as of now. Thank you so much for the letter! Your kids are growing up so fast! I remember back in 3rd grade when you brought Courtney to class still. And now, she's so strong and active!

I am a Sophomore at Independence, but just about everyone else goes to Piedmont. It's alright though, I truly love Indy, it's a really good school despite the rumors and such. I really enjoy school, and look forward to it. It's that feeling I had back in elementary -- It's fun.

Alex will be going to college soon! Everyone's growing up! He's the same as ever, very smart and ambitious. It's sometimes hard to face him when he does everything better than me. The only major flaw he may have is his laziness!

As for me, well, I think I haven't really changed. I do know that I'm very confident in myself and no longer that quiet girl in class. I'm still holding on to my best friends; do you remember Allison and Kristine? Recently we went bowling together.

Your five places to visit are exciting, and I wish to travel the world too. Hawaii is a really fun and beautiful place -- I've gone there once. I went snorkeling a whole lot at Hanauma Bay, the coral reef and fishes are so colorful!

Cruises are very fun! I've been on two, I remember I did a presentation in your class about my trip a while back when we shared something on the back wall. Do you remember that? My family and I love cruises especially for the food -- and my brothers and I loved it to go "exploring" around the ship!

I've got much to do, Keep in touch! julianawong2579[AT]yahoo.com

Laura said...

I think these are all great places. I love traveling! I love history too.

I also love Hawaii. Never been on a cruise though.

Thanks for posting!

ktnelson said...

Hey Kristi!
You inspired me to check your blog and leave a comment. I'm so excited that you guys get to go to Hawaii. I hope that you make it to all five places.
Katie

Penny said...

You know what? Your list is about the same as my list. And we are planning on going to Maui in August, just Todd and I. Hope you guys have a great time on your trip. I'm sure I will "see" (not "hear") all about it!
I miss ya!