Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fourth of July - Karen's 30th Birthday

Fourth of July is my sister's birthday. We've always tried to make it a special day for her along with the birthday celebration of the USA. Since my sister, Karen, moved to Arizona, we haven't been able to be with her on your birthday every year. One year we did visit her in Mesa, and July in Arizona is very HOT! Well, this year Karen was turning the big 30! Her husband decided to surprise her with a trip to California for her entire family. We were so excited about seeing her, her husband, Matt, her son, Ethan, and her baby girl, Addie. Here's my entire family (minus my brother Brad's family) at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk on July 3. It was very crowded and pretty cool, but we still had a fun day. Lloyd had fun making sand castles with the kids.
Ethan and Conner - 2 two-year old boys having fun in the sand Courtney with her buddy, Ethan


Katelyn and Baby Addie - snuggling to keep warm

Conner got very dirty at the beach. Tons of sand to dig in - a boy's paradise.
Me and Addie. I'll never have a baby girl of my own again so at least I can cuddle with my sister's little girl.

On the 4th of July, we went swimming and had a great barbecue in my mom's backyard. My mom always does a fabulous job decorating for holidays. Her backyard looked very festive. Here are 7 of my mom's 9 grandkids.

Here's my family - we reused last year's matching shirts.

Little kid's table
Matt, Bryce, Chareen, Karen, and Katelyn

Lloyd, Me, Mom, Jay, Kylie, and Addie (in the shade)
Kylie and Addie - cousins, but look like they could be sisters.

It was a great celebration for Karen and Lloyd too (6 days early). The homemade ice cream was so yummy. I wish I could eat that stuff every day. We are so glad Karen and her family could come visit. We love them so much and wish they didn't love so far away.

3 comments:

Bliss said...

Kristi! It's been so long since I have seen you guys! This party seems like a complete blast. Way to go :) Well I just miss the Lauritzens so much and love to admire your beautiful family! They are all so grown up and don't even know who I am i bet! :( Well I love you guys so much and am glad that I discovered your blog. Keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

It was a great week-end. I love having my family together. It is one of my greatest joys. Your blogging remains amazing to me. It is so fun to see your pictures and read about those fun times. Love you, honey! Hugs, Mom

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can reveal that I agree with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is even now a without question as you did in the decrease issue of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=genie backup manager server 8.0.293.463 ?
I noticed the phrase you have not used. Or you partake of the pitch-dark methods of development of the resource. I have a week and do necheg