Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Returning to the Temple 15 Years Later

Lloyd and I had the most wonderful 15 year anniversary. We returned to the temple on July 9, 2009 - 15 years to the day that we were married. It was such a sweet and spiritual experience. We did an endowment session and then did some sealings. It was so wonderful to be in the sealing room and kneel across the altar again. I felt the Lord's spirit so strongly. I loved hearing again the blessings the Lord gives to us as we are sealed for all eternity. During these moments, I felt so grateful for Lloyd and our temple marriage.
After 15 years of marriage, we are still so in love. Yes, we have learned that marriage can be challenging. Like life, it has it ups and downs. But we are on this path together forever. Thank goodness we have each other.After our date at the temple, we celebrated by eating out at one of our very favorite restaurants, The Claim Jumper. We love that place and try to never miss a chance to go there because they don't have one in Modesto. We really appreciated my mom and Jay watching the kids for us. July 9, 1994
We may have more wrinkles and not be as skinny as the day that we got married, but our love for each other hasn't changed.
Thank you, Lloyd, for the last 15 years. I can't wait to experience the next 15 and more with you. You truly are the love of my life!

2 comments:

Becca said...

Cute! I loved that post. It was fun seeing pictures from this year and when you got married.

Anonymous said...

You don't look a day older. I am so glad you had fun. Anytime bring the kids over. We love you all.
Love, Mom