Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Santa Barbara Vacation

While Courtney was at EFY in Santa Barbara, we enjoyed a mini vacation there. We were sad that we had to leave Katelyn behind because we didn't have enough room in our van (we had to take Jurnee to EFY). We tried to spoil Katelyn in other ways since she missed the trip. First we went to the Santa Barbara Zoo. We saw lots of animals. Here's Lloyd and the kids with the macaws. We also saw...


elephantspenguins

flamingosAlign Right

giraffes
anteaters and many more.

Of course, Cameron was thrilled about the train ride.

We all loved the train ride that went all around the zoo.
The kids had fun playing in the children's area.
We also fed the goats.
After the zoo, we rode the Santa Barbara shuttle through downtown. It is a gorgeous town!
Here we are on the Santa Barbara pier. It's the only part of the California coastline that faces south instead of west. We explored the Santa Barbara harbor on this boat called Lil' Toot.

Cameron got to drive the boat.
And so did Kylie. The weather was absolutely perfect. I never remember experiencing a more perfect day. It wasn't too hot or too cold. It felt heavenly!

We ate pizza at Rusty's right across from the beach. I got to visit one of my close friends from high school, Beth, who lives in Santa Barbara. I think we talked for over three hours. It was so fun to catch up and laugh about old times. We can't believe we graduated from high school over 18 years ago.
We spent some time swimming at the pool at our hotel and playing at the Goleta Beach. I guess I was relaxing so much I didn't get any photos. On our way home we stopped in the Danish town of Solvang. It's such a cute village.
I remember going there as a kid and my mom took my picture in front of this shoe. For fun, I had my kids take a picture with it too.

The kids enjoyed seeing all the windmills. I enjoyed eating the aebleskivers, a round Danish pancake that is deep fried. So yummy! We also had shave ice with ice cream. I don't think that's a Danish treat, but it was really delicious.
We had a great mini vacation and look forward to returning to Santa Barbara. It is such a beautiful place!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! I love the shoe picture. It brings back such memories. Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
might , perhaps curious to know how one can make real money .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct companion who uses your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://xihehegej.freecities.com/irywywe.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You may , perhaps curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper partner who uses your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://umumybabam.lookseekpages.com/lerule.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may commense to get income with a money that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per day now.

[url=http://theblogmoney.com] Online investment blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Now, I feel good, I begin take up real income.
It's all about how to select a correct partner who utilizes your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the profit with me.

You can ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
[url=http://theblogmoney.com] Online investment blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may commense earning with a money that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]