Monday, March 3, 2008

I'm Sill Alive!

I want to apologize for not posting for almost two weeks. First, I was so busy with Girl Scout cookies and everything else that I couldn't even get to the computer. Then, starting last Tuesday, I came down with the worst flu I have ever had. I'm usually very healthy and rarely get sick; I attribute it to my exercise and getting enough sleep. Well, I can't believe how this flu hit me and it lasted for so many days. The worst part was the chills and body aches. I think I probably took ten hot baths in one day just so I could get relief from the chills. I also went outside to sit in the car to get warmth from the sun. Once I'd get to sleep, I would wake up in a cold sweat and freezing again. My muscles ached and I felt nauseated. The only other time I felt like this was when I had a breast infection. Lloyd stayed home from work on Thursday to take care of the kids. He was so wonderful to bring me soup, Motrin, a change of clothes, or anything else I needed. I am starting to feel better today. Courtney had the same flu for over a week. Kylie has an ear infection, but only missed a couple days a school. We pray the others don't get it. I am so glad I am a healthy person. I can't imagine having a chronic illness. Mentally, I have missed going to the gym; I hope I can go back on Tuesday. I spent some time this evening getting caught up on my posts. I'll try to be more consistent. Tomorrow I'll try to leave some comments on some blogs too. Thanks for your understanding.

P.S. I forgot to mention that I did go to Weight Watchers on Friday, February 22. I did gain .6 since I ate pretty bad over the Presidents' Day weekend. I actually thought I was going to gain more. Well, since I've been sick I haven't had to worry about overeating too much. I'll weigh in again this Friday.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hope you are feeling better now. We just got our Girl scout cookies and I wish we had none. It's so hard to be good and not eat them, UGH!

Holly said...

Sounds like you got that crazy flu! I love your paint! It is so nice to have it all clean and redone, and I love those scrapbooks in the corner! The scrapbook expo is next week out here!! I can't go! We'll have to plan some time to do some scrapbooking!!!!