Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Happy Easter



We don't have a ward Activities Chairman so I planned a simple egg hunt for the children in the ward on the Saturday before Easter. I think everyone who came had a good time. It's always fun to see the kids get so excited. Here's a few pictures from the egg hunt.








After the egg hunt we went on a family field trip to Jamestown Railtown Park. We rode on a train there and had ice cream. A lot of the trains in Jamestown were used in movies and TV shoes. This caboose is from Back to the Future 3.
On Easter Sunday the girls wore matching pink and brown skirts with pink tops. Yes, I couldn't resist the matching outfits, but this time instead of dresses, they wore skirts which seemed to be a bit more mature. The little boys wore matching green and tan outfits. Easter and Christmas are really the only times I get all my kids new church clothes. I really enjoy picking their outfits out. This year I even got a new pink and brown dress for myself to match the girls.

The kids all got Easter "buckets" filled with a swimsuit and beach towel. We are trying to limit the candy at our house.


After church we met Grandma and Grandpa at a park for lunch and another egg hunt! These kids are so lucky.
Well, as you can see we had a great Easter. It was nice having it so early this year because that meant the kids' spring break was early. I was really ready for a week off from carpooling and other activities. But really, we tried to remind our children that Easter is really about Jesus Christ, His atonement, and His resurrection. We had a couple of Family Home Evenings about this which I will describe in another post. I am so grateful for the life and example of Jesus Christ. We strive to make Him the center of our lives.

No comments: