Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My Baby Is Growing Up

These pictures of Conner were actually taken in February when Conner was 13 months old. This Friday he will be 16 months old. He started walking just a couple weeks ago. We thought he might never walk and worried about him crawling into nursery! Well, he finally decided crawling wasn't the only way to get around. When he first started walking he would keep his hands out in front of him and almost look like Frankenstein; it was so funny. We all love to watch him toddle around and recorded him on the video camera yesterday. He's not talking a lot yet, but he does say " Hiyeeeee" whenever Lloyd and I come home. Just two days ago, I gave him his cup and he said "Thank you." I was so surprised he knew that word and thought it was so cute. Another word he tries to say is "kitty." He loves our cat and always wants to talk to me about her. When he tries to say kitty he makes a noise like he's clearing his throat; it's pretty funny. He really like animals just like Kylie and Cameron did. He also loves to wave "bye-bye." He is a good sleeper and hardly even cries when I put him in his crib. He loves to eat anything we give him especially fruit (bananas, grapes, watermelon, peaches), PB&J sandwiches, and ice cream cones. He is a pro at going up and down the stairs; we never used a gate so he learned real fast. He loves to play cars and drive them across the carpet. He also loves balls. He is such a happy and loving baby. He recently learned how to give us kisses and loves hugging and kissing his family. Unfortunately, he has also learned how to bite and bites to defend himself. He also absolutely hates getting his diaper changed and resists it with all his force. Last week he got his first haircut; I'll post the pictures of it on another post. This little guy truly is the love of my life. His sweet smile just makes me melt. I'm trying to eat up every moment with him since he's my last baby. But I also realize he'll always be my baby and I'll always have a tender spot for him in my heart. I feel so lucky he's mine.

No comments: