Monday, December 22, 2008

Young Womens



I am having a lot of fun serving in the Young Women program at church. I love the women I am serving with, the girls in our ward are so great, and it's wonderful to be in there with Courtney. We recently had our YW in Excellence program on December 3. Our theme for the evening was "A Mighty Light to All the World." We decorated with lights and stars. A spotlight was read about each of the young women in which her talents and accomplishments were shared. Then each young women gave a mini talk about what she accomplished in her personal progress throughout the last year. I was very proud of Courtney because she memorized the entire "The Living Christ." It was something she worked on all year long. She and her good friend, Abigail, recited the entire thing at YW in Excellence. It was a beautiful evening for all the girls; they all shined in their unique ways.
The Modesto 8th Ward Young Women Me and Courtney, she's almost taller than me!

Our Young Women Presidency

This past Saturday we had our youth temple baptism trip to the Oakland Temple. It was a perfect day in every way. The weather was perfect and sunny, even almost warm compared to the windy breeze that is usually there on temple hill. The baptisms and confirmations went so smoothly. I got to hand out the towels to each of the youth as they completed their baptisms. It was a very peaceful and joyful day for me. It brought back a lot of memories of me doing temple baptisms as a youth. I must have been much younger then because all the leaders seemed so old and I don't think I'm old now. We are so blessed to have such worthy and righteous young women. All but two girls were able to attend. I am so grateful we have a temple close to our home. On the way home the ward paid for all of us to have In N' Out burgers. It was a little crazy ordering for around 40 people, but fun and memorable. Before I know it, Courtney will be going to the temple for her endowment/get married. This is her goal.

2 comments:

ben and nat said...

yeah I am so glad you updated your blog! Love it!

GrandpaJay said...

Great Going! All of you! I just read the blogs about the Turkey Trot, B-ball and Young Women's. You are a terrific family and I'm very lucky to be a part of your lives. Can't wait until we see you all at Christmas!