Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Day

Christmas morning the kids woke up to see what Santa had brought. Each of the kids were delighted with what Santa had given them. Courtney got a Mama Mia DVD, Katelyn got a Bratz car, Kylie got a Barbie Care 'N Cure leopard, Cameron got a Thomas phone, and Conner got a bowling set.The boys also got a train table from Mom and Dad. They were so excited to play with it!

Santa left a letter for the kids about one more gift. His letter is written here in red.

Dear Payne Family,
I just arrived back at the north pole. It was a long, but wonderful night. I traveled the entire world. I know your family was watching me on noradsanta.com. Well, when I arrived home I started unpacking my sleigh and I found a gift that I forgot to leave at your home. I am so sorry! To make up for it, I had one of the reindeers fly immediately to your home so you could receive this letter. I told him to ring the doorbell with his foot and then fly away quickly. As you may know, reindeer are very shy around people. Anyway, my reindeer didn’t have any way to carry the gift to your house, so I had to magically transport the gift to a secret place at your house. I thought it would be fun to send you on a treasure hunt to find your gift; I told my reindeer where to hide all the clues. Follow these clues to find your gift. Clue number 1 can be found in the trunk of your dad’s car (reindeer can open trunks with their mouths- they’re very strong). Hope you enjoy your presents.
Love,
Santa Claus

P.S. I am 773 years old. Rudolph is young at 286. All of you kids are on my “nice” list. You do make mistakes, but no one is perfect. Do your best and obey your folks. I loved the cookies and Rudolph shared his apple with the other reindeer.
You have just found clue number one. I hope my treasure hunt is fun. Unscramble the following word to see where clue number two is. CENHB
You unscrambled my word to find clue two. I will now tell you what you next must do. What is Black and white and read all over? This is where you’ll find clue three.

Great job you found clue three! This is the final clue you’ll be getting from me. You’ll find your gift in a place that:
1- is warm
2- uses electricity
3-is in the garage
4- is mostly used by your mom
Have a Merry Christmas!


We were so excited to get a Wii from Santa!


Christmas evening we spent at Grandma's house. It was so wonderful that Karen and her family were able to come out from Arizona for Christmas. Here's Grandma and Grandpa with all the grandkids!


Bryce and Chareen happy and in love!


Karen and Matt with their adorable Ethan and Addie!


Here's our gang. It was a fun and festive Christmas filled with family, joy, love, and blessings!

No comments: