Thursday, January 29, 2009

Conner Is Two Cute!

Yes, my baby is officially not a baby any more. He turned two on January 9. I kept holding him close during the weeks that led up to his birthday. I kept telling him "You're almost not a baby any more. Please don't grow up!" Well, of course, he's not listening to me and he is growing up. It's hard knowing I won't have any more little babies. I'm already thinking about and looking forward to grandbabies. Conner's birthday actually fell on a Friday night so we took the entire family out to Chuck E. Cheese's for his real birthday. When I got there I realized my camera battery was dead so these are the only pictures we have, compliments of Chuck E. Cheese. We all had a blast as a family and it was so precious to see the excitement on Conner's face as he played the different games. He loved skee ball, but had a hard time rolling the heavy balls up the ramp. He wasn't a big fan of any of the rides that moved. You can see this by his apprehensive look in this picture. The next day we invited Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle Bryce and Aunt Chareen to a small birthday party for Conner.
Since Christmas was just a few weeks before his birthday, he knew exactly how to unwrap his presents. He also knew all the presents were for him. When Cameron tried to help him unwrap some presents, he said "No! Mine!"He didn't get a lot of presents, but his big one from us was this Little People airport.From Grandma and Grandpa he got a pack of balls (basketball, football, soccer ball, and baseball). Balls are his absolute favorite (see below).Bryce and Chareen gave him lots of cars. He loves to play with cars. He pushes them around as he makes car noises.
He was "two cute" when we sang Happy Birthday to him. He was a little nervous about the candles being lit, but loved it when we all sang to him.As the “baby” of the family he is adored by all of us. We love him so much and are so grateful for the love he brings to our home.
At age two, Conner…
*Loves to eat! He will climb in his high chair all by himself when he gets hungry. Some of his favorite things to eat are hot dogs, graham crackers for cereal, all sweets, and even salad. He will eat practically eat anything we give him.

*Likes it when I play “This Little Piggy” with his toes when I put him to bed. He squeals in delight when I recite it to him and always insists I do it for both feet.

*Amazingly, still stays in his crib. This is a saving grace for us since he naps in there when I’m at work (Lloyd is asleep in the next room). He can also see out his window from his crib. It’s really heartbreaking when I leave for work and see him crying and holding his arms out for me from his crib. I think he really does love his crib though. Cameron is constantly handing him anything he wants so he’s never bored in there. Sometimes I find a mountain of toys/books in his crib with no space for him to lie down. We’re not planning to move him to a big bed anytime soon.

*Is amazing when it comes to balls. I guess he was really paying attention during all the soccer games he went to. He can actually drop kick a soccer ball or football really well. He also loves throwing and making baskets. We definitely see him as a ball player when he grows up, but wonder which will be his favorite sport. I’m thinking football.

*Talks a lot! These are some of the things he says or repeats: “Jesus loves ME!” “shoes,” "outside,” “thank you,” “Hi!” “Why?” “apple,” “Ginger (our cat),” “Mommy, Mommy, Mommy… (keeps repeating until I pay attention to him),” “Dee Do (for Courtney),” “I want out.” When we ask him old he is, he proudly answers "Two!" He also likes to name his body parts, mimic animal noises, and practice counting to ten. He never passes up an opportunity to “talk” on the phone. He loves to repeat scriptures and say his prayers. He has a cute little voice, and with four other siblings communicates his needs fairly well.

*Loves taking bubble baths with Cameron, pushing play cars around the house, passing out the scriptures to the family during scripture study, and greeting us when the garage door opens. He is scared of things that move on their own (like remote-controlled cars) and some animals at first.

*Is Nicknamed “Bubbba Loo.” We started calling him this when he was a baby and it has kind of stuck. I thought “Bubba” sounded too tough, so we added the “Loo” to soften it. We all love our little “Bubba Loo.”

1 comment:

Scott and Kim said...

Oh man, it makes me sad just to see how big he is. I am having hard time with Landon approaching two, I want to freeze him and keep him like this forver :(