Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snow Much Fun!

We had "snow" much fun on the mini snow trip our family took on Martin Luther King Day (January 19). Lloyd worked Sunday night, but took Monday night off so we could spend a day in the snow. We were going to head up to the snow with some other families, but they were all worried that the warm weather had melted all the snow. We decided to stick with the plan and even indulged by deciding to stay overnight at Long Barn Lodge. The trip probably wasn't in the budget and we all had school and work on Tuesday, but we decided to go for it anyway. This quick trip was perfect and a great getaway for our family. We realized we hadn't been on a family vacation since we went to Kauai last July so we really needed this time to spend together as a family. When we drove the hour and a half to Long Barn there wasn't a ton of snow, but plenty for us to have fun with. I really wanted Cameron to see the snow because he kept learning about it in preschool and could never quite understand why it didn't snow in Modesto. It was perfect that we had a hotel room because we had a warm place to go and rest when we were cold and tired.
Our cute boys!
Conner loved throwing snowballs. He loves balls of all kinds!

Sweet girls and good friends (most of the time).
Lloyd and I played like we were little kids. Here's Cameron with that devilish grin he often gets. He's always up to something! He really couldn't get into much trouble out in the snow. He loved exploring! Lloyd and the girls all went ice skating while I played with the boys in the snow. The ice skating rink is right at the lodge. It was perfect! Go, Lloyd! This was Kylie's first time ice skating. She said she liked gliding on the ice!
We didn't go find any major hills to sled down. They had a couple small ones at the lodge that were just right for us. Courtney and Cameron going pretty fast!
Katelyn enjoying a rocky ride. Conner and I loved it too! Lloyd captured his sled ride on the video camera. This seemed like a good idea until he ran right into me when I was taking this photo. It was pretty funny and he got it all on tape!
We had a fun night in out hotel room eating pizza from our favorite pizza place near Long Barn. It's called The Pie in the Sky and they make the most amazing pizza! In the morning, we ate homemade cinnamon rolls I asked my good friend to make for the trip. My family was pretty upset with me because I hogged the cinnamon rolls and ate way more than my fair share. I enjoyed every bite! We headed out early Tuesday morning. I had to go to work at noon and the girls got to school half a day late. It was simply a wonderful trip. I love family vacations and wish we had time for more of them. I cherish these precious moments we get to spend together!

No comments: