Friday, January 9, 2009

Facebook Junkie

Okay, I think I almost totally addicted to Facebook. I mentioned in a previous post that joining Facebook was going to be a Christmas gift to myself. Well, it's turned out to be one of my most favorite gifts ever. There are so many things I love about it. Where should I begin? First of all, I love it that it is so easy to join. It only took me a few minutes to complete my profile and upload a picture. Then I could begin searching for people to connect with and be "friends" with. I love keeping in touch with friends and extended family and Facebook makes it so easy. I have been able to find so many people I haven't talked to in such a long time. I joined less than five days ago and I have 108 friends. I was just curious so I divided my friends into categories. I have 7 family members. I have 2 friends from elementary/junior high. I have 14 friends from high school. I have 43 friends from church in San Jose. I have 6 former students/parents and co-workers from San Jose. I have 30 friends from church in Modesto. I have 6 non-church friends/co-workers from Modesto. I'm still waiting for some people to confirm we are friends. My best friend when I was a teenager hasn't even confirmed yet. I love searching and getting in touch with old and new friends. Another thing I love about Facebook is that it is so easy to send messages to people. I've never been really into e-mail. In fact, I don't even know how to send an attachment! Facebook is so much easier than e-mail for me. I just have to click on someone's photo and I can easily send them a message. I even got Lloyd into it and he's enjoying it too. I stayed up way too late several nights this past week searching for old friends, but I loved every second of it. I can hardly wait to come home and log into Facebook. I've tried to limit myself to 3-4 times a day. It's the gift I gave myself that keeps on giving! I have to admit it's way easier and more enjoyable than blogging. I'm not quitting blogging though. I love my blog for family history. If anyone is considering joining Facebook I would definitely recommend it!

4 comments:

Holly said...

You're so cute! I was reluctant to join FB at first but for my reunion it was great just before to get the word out - now I love it too - I don't necessarily do all the games and "send this or that" to people but it's so fun!!!

Jess said...

What?? You are halarious!! Griff and I hate facebook! We enjoy the blog way more and hardly ever even go on facebook! I guess if I tried harder at it I might like it more. Hey, I just had my blog printed into a 8 by 11 hard cover book! I should get it sometime this week! i'll have to show it too you. I thought that would be a great way to have a journal for the year 2008.

The Baker Family said...

Hi Kristi! It's Melinda Baker. I also love facebook! Be careful if you get a farm---it's the notorious Orchard Elementary time-sucker! (We spend late night time sending each other plants and animals :-) ) I still keep up my blog, too, so it's not that bad. You should check mine sometime...I usually keep it updated with recent pictures of Jack! It's jandmbaker.blogspot.com See you soon!

Sara said...

Since my hisghschool class never had a 10 year reunion, it seems we are all reuniting on FB. Its been so fun to see what great things they have accomplished with their lives. Its also kept me in better contact with my cousins and even old elementary school chums. Love it. But yes, I have to limit myself to how often check for an update. hah hah