Sunday, February 15, 2009

Our Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day has always been a favorite holiday of mine. It may have to do with the fact that I love the colors red and pink. I also love hearts. I love things that are romantic and I love chocolate (you can't have Valentine's Day without chocolate). We kind of have a tradition of making the kids' valentines each year. We've done lots of different kinds including some with heart puzzle games and paper doilies. This year we kept is simple. Katelyn ans Kylie made these valentines and attached a candy bracelet/watch to each one. I always give the teachers (and my coworkers this year), a bottle of Martinelli's sparkling cider. Instead of going out this year, we had the missionaries over to celebrate on Valentine's Day. It's actually becoming a tradition for us to have the missionaries over on holidays. Elder Wilson has been in our ward for seven months and has joined us for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and now Valentine's Day. Maybe he'll come for St. Patrick's day if he doesn't get transferred. For dinner we had a mock lasagna, garlic bread, Caesar salad, and sparkling cider.For dessert we had a chocolate and a strawberry cake that Courtney made for a Young Women camp fundraiser. We also had cookies, ice cream, and goodie bags filled with lots of chocolate candy. My favorite are the big Reese's hearts - lots of peanut butter. Dessert is my favorite part of the meal!
We had the Wright children over for dinner too. Courtney was babysitting them while their parents were at the temple. They look so cute here. Kylie is the same age as Jaden and Cameron and Megan are the same age. They love playing together. I told them they look like they are on a double date here. What cuties!Here we are with Elder Wilson and Elder Carter. Kylie did a pretty good job taking this picture of us. It was a Happy Valentine's Day for all of us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! The missionaries are lucky to have you. I didn't know you guys did cakes too. I always order more pans than necessary, we should have combined our efforts! We have to save our sanity somehow. Kathryn