Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Run

On April 4, Kylie, Katelyn, and I all went to an Easter Run at Lodi Lake. I ran a 5K (3.1 miles) and the girls ran a quarter mile kids run. It was a cool day so we had to dress warmly. We wanted to bring Courtney and the boys too so they could go to the Easter carnival after the race, but we didn't want Courtney to have to watch them while we ran. We also had to leave at 6:45 am to make it to Lodi before the race began at 8:00. So we left the boys at home with Courtney; Lloyd had to work. Here we are before the race. Both the girls ran hard and earned a ribbon.

II was actually shocked to learn I won 1st place out of 35 women in my age category. I came in at 23:53, but I think the course was a little shorter than 3.1 miles. I was surprised because I never thought I'd get 1st place in a run because I'm definitely not an elite runner. I was excited though. I got this medal and a $10 gift card to Fleet Feet.

The Easter Bunny was even at the race.

After the run, we went to the carnival. We had all-you-can-eat pancakes. I ate 8! The girls enjoyed playing a lot of games and riding on this little train. We all won goodies at the cake walk. It was a fun day and maybe we'll even bring the boys next year.

2 comments:

Tiffany Tolman said...

Kristi,

You look awesome!! Way too good to have 5 kids. Way to go on the run.

Tiffany

Laura said...

I love that you got your girls involved in this. You are such a great Mom. You make me want to do more too.