Thursday, April 30, 2009

Family Temple Day

On Saturday, April 25 our ward had a Family Temple Day. It was a wonderful day for all of us. The kids participated in different activities while Lloyd and I got to do an endowment session. It was great for us to go to the temple without having to worry about the kids so far away at home. I loved the peace and spirit I felt in the temple. The kids loved going on a scavenger hunt around the temple grounds, making crafts, and playing games. Afterwards, we all enjoyed a delicious lunch together as a ward. Last year I was in charge of the lunch and it was such a treat to not be in charge this year. I love to see how excited my kids get about going to the temple. They got so excited as it comes into view from our car. Seeing how beautiful and special the temple is helps our children to have the desire to go inside some day. We are so grateful for the temple, without it we wouldn't be an eternal family.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I think this is a wonderful idea to get families to the temple and to make it possible for the whole family to feel the spirit and the blessings of being there. The pictures are so wonderful. You have an amazing family, and I think you are a wonderful mother. I love reading about what you are doing, it inspires me all the time.