Saturday, May 30, 2009

Butchart Gardens

Victoria was wonderful. We felt so lucky to be there, but it was a little tricky finding our way around without a rental car. Our hotel was right across the street from the bus depot so that was convenient. We ate dinner at a favorite restaurant of mine - The Spaghetti Factory, also right across the street from our hotel. The next day was Sunday and Mother's Day. I felt bad not being with my kids on Mother's Day, but I still wanted to go to church. We ended up walking over two miles to get to church. It was a nice workout and we were very warm during Sacrament Meeting. It was a wonderful meeting. They gave all the mothers beautiful plants. I ended up having to leave the plant at the airport because they wouldn't let me bring it home through customs. After church we walked back to our hotel and changed our clothes. We ate lunch at a cute restaurant that had been converted from an old gas station. It was called Pluto's and the food was "out of this world." Then we took the bus to the Butchart Gardens. I had visited these gardens in 1986 when I was in seventh grade. I remember them being very beautiful. Once I saw them again, I realized my memory didn't do them justice. These gardens are the most spectacular I have ever seen. I recommend a trip to Victoria just so you can see them. Here's just a few shots of the flowers of Butchart Gardens.














Although, I wasn't with my children, I can't imagine a better place to be on Mother's Day. I felt lucky that we got to be there in spring when the flowers were in full bloom. People who have season passes to Butchart Gardens say they are amazing all four seasons of the year.

Even the trash cans are beautiful!

This is what I imagine The Garden of Eden must have looked like.

My eternal sweetheart and a beautiful view- complete bliss!
The Japanese Gardens didn't bloom as much, but they were very peaceful and serene.


A perfect ending for a perfect day - a double scoop of gelato for each of us. Lucky us!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been to the Butchart gardens too. Isn't it soooooo amazing. I'll never forget it.