Saturday, May 30, 2009

Last Day of Work

My last day of teaching kindergarten was May 28. I only worked part time in the afternoon three to four days a week. It ended up being the perfect job for me! I am nowhere near being ready to go back to work full time, but we could use the extra income. I love teaching and feel like this job was truly a blessing for me. I grew to love all of the kids I worked with. I loved seeing their progress from September to May. They really grow and develop so much in kindergarten! I loved seeing their smiles and enthusiasm for life each afternoon when I came in. They each had unique personalities and habits. It was so fun to get to know all of them.They made me feel loved!
What cuties! Another great thing about this job was the teachers I got to work with. Mrs. Rydquist is in the middle. She is an amazing teacher. She's so organized and pushes her students to do their best. Her classroom management skills are fabulous. I have learned so much from watching her! Mrs. Smith is on the left. She's my idol! She is a loving and enthusiastic teacher. I admire her so much because of her attitude about life. I can honestly say she is the most happy and positive person I have ever met. Her positive nature was like medicine to me. When I wasn't around her I missed it so much. She will always be an example to me and someone I will try to be more like. Neither of these women go to the same church as me, but they are both Christian. What a blessing it has been to work with them. This third teacher's name is Mrs. Peterson. She taught kindergarten next door. She ended up being a very close and dear friend to me. She was always willing to listen and offer any support I needed. I have so much admiration and respect for her. She is a breast cancer survivor. She wrote a book about her cancer experience and it will be published in the next year. She's moving on to sixth grade next year, but I know we'll be in touch.

In June I got to work eight full days for this adorable third grade class. I loved it! I did enjoy teaching in the kindergarten, but third grade is really my niche. I had so much fun with this
class. I don't know what my work schedule will be like next year. I hope I can sub in the kindergarten again on a part-time basis and I'll probably sub in other classes too. Several teachers have been laid off so I get worried about my chances of getting a full time job some day. Luckily, I won't be looking for a full time job for at least four to five years. I'm so grateful the Lord is blessing me with part time work now.

1 comment:

Laura said...

What blessing this job must have been. Sounds like you met some very wonderful women. I don't know how you balance everything. You are truly amazing.