Saturday, May 30, 2009

Out to Sea

The next day we slept in and ate breakfast in our room. We were both tired so the sleeping in part was terrific! Then we decided to try out the hot tub and pool. We had to go to the indoor pool because it was so cold and windy out on the deck.
We really didn't last long in the pool. I didn't even get in, but Lloyd swam for a few minutes. Then I had another idea. I thought we should try going to a more private hot tub at the back of the ship. It was extremely windy back there! We could barely walk without getting blown over, but I visioned the air blowing through our hair while we sat in a nice warm hot tub. Boy was I wrong! I guess they don't heat those hot tubs at the back of the ship because nobody uses them when it's that windy. While wearing our swimsuits, we tried getting into an ice cold hot tub and strong winds were blowing all around us. It was probably the coldest moment of my life, but we were laughing like crazy! Then we were going to go for afternoon tea (herbal, of course), but the line for that was very long. Instead we got hot chocolate and I got to eat my favorite snack of all - warm peanut butter cookies. They were fantastic! We also explored more of the ship.
This was the back of the ship where that cold hot tub was. You can see how windy it was!


We decided to get a little work out in with all the food that we were eating. Lloyd ran on the treadmill while I did this exercise class with some other women. The class was really very challenging. It was led by a guy with an English accent and he wasn't even doing the exercises. He just kept saying, "Good Job, Ladies!" and "Keep It up, Ladies!" He had no idea how difficult the exercises were. I finally asked him, "When are you going to try some of these exercises?" I was so hot after the exercise class, I chose to run around the ship instead of running on the treadmill. I think I ran around the ship like 12 times to make three miles. The wind felt nice while I was running!


We dressed a little more formal for Friday's dinner. Lloyd had a steak and I had a steak and shrimp. It was very delicious! Of course, we tried more desserts too.

After dinner we enjoyed a comedy/juggling act. This guy was pretty talented. For his final act, he got out of a straight jacket while riding a unicycle. It was amazing to watch! Then we saw another show by the cruise dancers and singers. This one was called "Destination Anywhere." It included songs and dances from places all around the world like Las Vegas, London, Africa, and even the moon.
We stayed up late on Friday since it was our last night onboard. We ordered drinks and danced a bit. We couldn't remember the last time we had gone dancing. I guess we're getting old. It was fun to let loose again!

No comments: