Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Weekend of Scrapbooking

I was totally spoiled last weekend! I went away with nine other girls to a cabin in the mountains for two days and two nights of SCRAPBOOKING! It was the best! I got quite a bit of scrapbooking done, but of course, I wish I had gotten more done. I seem to enjoy scrapbooking more when I'm not too far behind, but with five kids it's very hard to keep up. My blog is helping me capture my feelings when events happen so I can use them for journaling in my scrapbooks. The weekend wasn't just the best because of the scrapbooking. We had so much fun talking and laughing together. We shared a lot of crazy stories, but everyone agreed "what happens at the cabin stays at the cabin" so I won't reveal any stories here. We also ate a TON! I've never eaten such fabulous food in a weekend. The mint brownies had to be my favorite, thank you Ashleigh! Everyone is more than thrilled (NOT) when I bring my camera out, but I just have to capture these beautiful women and the memories we make together. Thank you to Lauri for planning these annual getaways since 2006. Yes, it's become a tradition we look forward to every year! Katie, Diana, and me Starla and Lauri Sisters - Ashleigh and Kathryn, a picture cute enough to frame! Stacey and Brittany

Natalie with her Swedish fish

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Good TImes! Was it really the 4th year?! Definitely a tradition we have to keep. It for sure wouldn't have been as fun without you. I'll be sure to make some mint brownies again soon.

Anonymous said...

Kudos for taking the pictures on the first day of the trip this year--much less frightening for those who weren't around! It was so much fun hanging out together. Can't wait for next year!

Katie

The Aussie and the Owl said...

Wow that looks like it was so much fun!! What lucky girls you are that you got to scrapbook for a whole weekend :)

ben and nat said...

Hey kristi you rock! Thanks for taking pictures so we can remember the good times! YOu are so funny and such a great friend!

Anonymous said...

It was so fun having you there Kristi. I couldn't stop laughing at all of your stories. You got more done than any of us so don't be hard on your self. Thanks for taking one for the team and sleeping on the couch. You are the best!!!

Lauri

Sara said...

Your retreat looks like so much fun!! I would love to do an overnighter like this, but my little guy is still too brand new for that. Maybe next year. :)