Thursday, October 29, 2009

Camping at Woodward Reservoir

We had planned to go camping as a family over conference weekend. Originally, we were going to go to Sunset Beach, but we changed our plans and decided to go to Woodward Reservoir instead. It was just easier because it was closer and the girls really didn't want to miss their soccer games. It ended up being perfect. We camped out on Friday night and went to the soccer games on Saturday. We also went out for a yummy breakfast. Saturday evening it started getting a little windy. I had four friends come join me for a little triathlon training - a swim and bike ride. They were considering doing a triathlon at Woodward, but after our experience they decided not to do it. The wind on the water was crazy and there were so many waves; it felt like we were swimming in the ocean! I am really glad no one drowned. Then it started getting dark on our bike ride. We survived though. After my "training session," I went back to our campsite and enjoyed Saturday evening with my family. Even though camping is so much work, I love it for so many reasons. I love getting away from it all -no TV, no phone, no laundry machines, etc. I love just being able to spend time with the family. I love sitting by the fire at night. I love being in nature. We had our tents right next to the water and it was beautiful to see the moonlight and morning sunrise shining on the water. I was in awe of how gorgeous it was. Here's a few pictures from our trip:
The little kids played in the water while the older kids played water baseball with Bryce and Chareen. I did so more swim training for my triathlon.
Conner and Courtney took a little nap in this raft. It was so precious!

Before we knew it, it was time to clean up. We had to take all the tents down and head home with lots of dirty laundry. Yes, it was a lot of work, but it was worth it.

No comments: