Monday, October 19, 2009

Kylie Runs for Office



Kylie decided to run for Student Council Office this year. As a third grader, the only office she was eligible to run for was Sergeant-at-Arms. As part of her campaign she had to make posters and give a speech in front of the whole school. I got to watch her give her speech. She did an awesome job. Here's a copy of it:


Good Morning, Orchard Owls. My name is Kylie Payne. I am in third grade and I am running for Sergeant-at-Arms. I am the right person for this job for many reasons. I am responsible and hard working. I am a good reader, writer, and speaker. I have good attendance. I respect adults and fellow students. I will support and work with the other Student Council Officers. I will go to all the meetings. You will not be disappointed if you vote for me. So when it’s time to vote, pick the right name! Choose Kylie Payne!
I explained to her that she may not win and she understood that. There were six third graders who ran and only two were elected. Kylie did not win, but she took it really well. She's very competitive, but was very gracious in this situation. We are so proud of her!

No comments: