Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Final Episodes of The Bachelor

There are very few shows I have time to watch, but The Bachelor is one I have always enjoyed. I have followed most of the seasons. I don't know really know why I like watching this show, it really is ridiculous in so many ways. The girls almost always dress so immodestly and a guy dating 25 woman at once -- it is a little much. Nonetheless, I like seeing which girls the Bachelor chooses to keep each week, I enjoy watching their fantasy dates, and I guess I am a romantic at heart because I love the proposals. I must be pretty naive to think that the shows are actually real; of all 14 seasons (11 of The Bachelor and 3 of The Bachelorette), only one couple got married and one is still together; most couples break up in less than a month after the final show. Anyway, I especially enjoyed this past season with Bachelor Brad Womack. He was nicknamed "the sexiest" Bachelor. Well, the final episode aired last night and I had been anticipating it all week. I kept wondering which of the last two girls would receive the final rose and would he propose to her. There were things I liked about each of the last two girls, Jenni and DeAnna. I really liked DeAnna's family and I guess I was rooting more for her. However, Brad really seemed happy with Jenni so I thought he would choose her. I was really shocked when Jenni arrived first at the mansion and Brad said good-bye to her. I really thought she was going to be the one! Then DeAnna arrived and I was all prepared for my favorite and most romantic part of the season when he gives out the final rose and possibly proposes marriage. I was shocked when Brad said he didn't love DeAnna and said he had to say good-bye to her. Both girls left the show devastated with broken hearts. They didn't understand how he could make such a choice when he told them both he cared so deeply about them. The final shot of the episode shows Brad with tears in his eyes holding the engagement ring he gave to neither girl. Like I said, I guess I'm so naive about this show and the people on it. I really thought Brad wanted to get married. His twin brother and younger brother are already happily married. He seemed like he genuinely wanted that for himself. I really thought he wanted to get married, just like I thought the other bachelors wanted to in many of the other seasons. Anyway, tonight ABC showed "After the Final Rose" and brought back Brad and both the girls. I had read message boards on the internet regarding the show and several claimed that Brad would actually regret his decision and give a rose to one of the girls. These boards said stuff like "My friend works for ABC and confirmed .." or "My sister went to the taping and knows .." Well, I guess I was still holding out hope that Brad would regret his decision and pick one of the girls. I just finished watching it and that was not the case! DeAnna said she would take Brad back in a heartbeat, but he claimed that he was confident that he made the right decision in choosing neither one. Now I don't know what to think. If he didn't fall in love with either one then why did he seem like he was. Is he just not ready to commit? Does he just want to play the field forever? Is he looking for perfection? I really don't know what to think about this guy. He severely broke these girls' hearts. DeAnna's heart was broken all over again tonight. I guess that strongest thoughts I have are that I am so grateful I found true love with Lloyd. I know marriage isn't perfect, but we are so happy together. It bothered me on the show when Bettina, who is divorced, basically said she expects marriage to be complete bliss. Anyone who is married knows you have to work at a marriage and sometimes it's absolutely wonderful and sometimes it pretty hard. You stick together through the good times and the bad. I am just so happy that after 13 years of marriage, I still feel like I have the "fairy tale ending" Lloyd is my everything and he has brought me more joy that I could have ever thought was possible. Please leave any comments you may have regarding The Bachelor. By the way, my favorite girl this season was Sheena!




3 comments:

Cathy L. said...

Hi Kristi! I have loved reading your blog. I got your information from Penny's blog. How are you doing? I started my own blog. Check it out: http://lillianfamilynews.blogspot.com/
We miss your family. Your baby is so cute!!
Cathy Lillian

Laura said...

I have been meaning to comment on this but did not have time to sit down and write it all out. The short version now...

I did watch the bachelor and considered him one of my favorites, until the end! I was shocked and disapointed. Reality reminds me that this is a show and that I don't really believe its that easy to fall in love in that short of a time with their methods. I like to live in the fantasy though and he ruined it. I do not understand why is was all or nothing though and he absolutely broke both of their hearts along with half of America. Anyway, he clearly had/has issues. and needed a good PR person to help him handle it all. He just totally made a mess and he really looked bad to me. It just stunk!

Holly said...

Kristi!!! I'm so excited to get your Christmas Card! I love your pictures and your wonderful letter - We have so much to catch up on - I have a blog too so I was really excited to see your on here....check mine out too - just link from my name and make sure you comment too!

Please plan on coming out here sometime - Cameron will love our backyard - it is full of trains!

Merry Christmas - my cards will make it out soon!

Your old VT comp - H