Thursday, January 3, 2008

Thanksgiving

We had a very special Thanksgiving this year. Brad and his family drove all the way from Arizona to California to come visit us. This was indeed a long trip for Brad because he forgot his wallet and didn't discover it until they had reached LA so he had to go all the way back to Arizona and begin the trip again. We're glad they made it safely here. The girls were so excited to finally meet baby Dylan who was born July 3. Cameron and Cayden enjoyed roughhousing together. On Thanksgiving, we took the kids to the park to help them get out some of their energy. We enjoyed a more simple, yet wonderful dinner at Grandma's in San Jose. Ray, Grandma's cousin, and Susan Anderson and her son, Josh, also joined us. We all enjoyed being together.
Fun at the park!

Cute Cousins - Cayden and Cameron

"Aren't we cute? Grandma got us these bibs!" (Conner and Dylan)


Grandma and Grandpa with Cameron and the girls

Ray, Brad, Dylan, Anahi, and Cayden


Lloyd, Kristi, and Ray


Conner, Susan, and Josh

Thanksgiving has always been a favorite holiday of mine, and not just because of the food. I love what Thanksgiving represents - counting our blessings and being grateful for all that we have. I have heard that happiness only comes when one is truly grateful. I experience "Thanksgiving" every day of my life. Every night as I say my prayers I truly marvel at how blessed me and my family are. I have five beautiful and healthy children. I have the most amazing husband who is protected each day as he commutes four hours a day. I live in a country where I can partake of so many freedoms. I am so blessed to have the gospel in my life and a testimony that the Church is true. My family and I are sealed for time and all eternity. I am so grateful to my Savior Jesus Christ for His love, His life, and His sacrifice. I strive to follow His example each day. I am so thankful that we have warm clothes and a warm home. We never have to go hungry or feel lonely. I am so grateful to the Lord for the little ways He blesses my life for His "tender mercies" to me and my family. Little moments are such blessings like a smile from Conner, a hug from Kylie, a kind remark from Courtney, the excitement in Cameron's eyes and voice, the enthusiasm Katelyn has when she relays a story, or an embrace from my sweet husband. I am also thankful for the missed car accident, the sale that helps me to save a little, a healthy body I can exercise with, good friends who help me realize they're going through the same things I go through, or the Holy Ghost who prompts me and helps me to feel the spirit. I think gratitude not only brings happiness, but also peace and contentment. When I take the time to think about all that I am grateful for I feel so much joy and peace. No, my life is not perfect nor is it complete bliss (far from it), but it surely is a blessed life.

Some of my greatest blessings!

1 comment:

Laura said...

This was a great post! I have really missed reading your posts. So glad your back! I really agree that we need to learn to appreciate all we have instead of searching for what we do not have. Great photos too!