Thursday, June 26, 2008

An American Girl Party


Kylie and I got to attend an American Girl Party at the McHenry Museum in Modesto. They put on these parties a couple times a year and they're free! This is the first one Kylie got to go to. She brought her American Girl doll, which is actually a hand-me-down from one of Katelyn's school friends (we can't afford to buy these dolls ourselves). This party focused on the American Girl doll named Kit Kittredge. She lived in the era of the Great Depression. Her movie is coming to theaters on July 2. We were privileged enough to meet a young girl named Brieanne who will appear in the movie. She told about her experiences of auditioning for the movie and filming it in Canada. Kylie got her autograph and took the picture below with her. Brieanne has lost a lot of weight since filming the movie so she looks much heavier in the film. At the party we played a memory game, made a fan and fanned tissue paper scraps (a game Kit played) , and made a jewelry box out of paper. They served refreshments and gave out goodie bags! Around 60 girls attended the party with their Moms. All the girls were so cute! Kylie and I had a really good time!





Brieanne is pictured on the movie poster on the right. We're looking forward to watching the movie in the theater.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Hey Kristi! I didn't know that you had a blog! I saw the link from Stacey's! I hope it's okay if I add you to my blog too. Thanks again for having Sophie and I over for swimming. I had a really great time... and the lunch was delicious!!!

Unknown said...

OH what an experience for your daughter---how neat!! Kristi I just love it that you named your boys Cameron and COnner---how cute is that--LOVE IT---cute names together huh!!! I just love getting caught up with all my friends from Cali--I miss all you gals--I learned a lot from all of you talented ladies!! I love your blog and your family has just grown right up---way super cute! I still keep in contact with Amy Wilson (remember her) she has come out a couple of times and we are flying out next month to stay with her and my mother-in-law---we are excited cause its the first time we have been back to Modesto since we left--Well fun seeing all your pics--take care
Heidi

Holly said...

We love American Girl! Last year we were lucky enough to go the store in LA - it was awesome! Our favorite is Kit also - Tyler got her from Santa - we have to enjoy it - next birthday Tyler will be 13!

Laura said...

What a great mother daughter thing to do!