Thursday, June 26, 2008

Courtney's trip to Arizona

On June 9 Courtney flew out to Arizona all by herself! She was a little nervous traveling on an airplane by herself, but she did fine. She actually flew out of small airports - Stockton and Mesa so it made it nice and not so crowded. She loved spending the week with my sister, Karen, and her two little ones Ethan (almost 2) and Addie (3 months). Karen has her hands full with a new baby so we hoped Courtney could be a help to her. They went lots of places like the Phoenix Zoo, the Mesa Children's Museum, and to my brother's (Brad's) house.



Karen had this to say about Courtney's visit:

"Thanks for letting me have Courtney for a week. She was such a huge help and such a sweet girl. Ethan loved playing with her. He kept asking "Nee Nee?" for a few days after she left. I kept telling him that she left on an airplane, but I don't think he gets that a person can go on an airplane yet. They look so small in the sky. I cried when Courtney left. I felt like I was losing my nanny and friend. She's a doll. Treasure your time with her and tel her that we miss her!" Karen really loved Courtney when she was a baby so I think they will always have a special bond. They have similar personalities too; I look up to both of them even though they're younger than me. We are so glad Courtney had a great trip!




On June 14, the day after Courtney got back from her trip she went on her date with Mom and Dad. I took her to see Prince Caspian and Lloyd took her out for ice cream. We're so pleased with Courtney. She is a helpful, sensitive, loving, and responsible young woman.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I am totally impressed with the kind of girl Courtney has become! I know having been with her in person, she's a real gem!