Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Random Updates

Summer vacation is here! The girls got out of school June 6 and we're enjoying our second week on summer break. This is my favorite time of the year. I usually have more time when my kids are out of school so I'm going to try to be a better blogger. I'm sorry I haven't been leaving comments on all your blogs; I 'm going to try to do better. I also added a few other families to my "Blogs I Read" list. I've been busy with many of my kids' activities that I will soon be posting about on the blog (swim lessons, camps, dates with Mom/Dad, dance recitals, birthday parties, etc.) This week I just finished reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer. I'm also trying to get back in the groove of loosing the last of my weight before we go to Hawaii in 6 weeks. I decided to do a marathon in October so I've started training for that. Last week I did 9 miles and it was pretty tough. I hope it will get easier with time. I have to admit, sometimes I wonder why I am even doing this. I guess I do love the runner's high! This may be my second and final marathon (I did eight years ago). It's a huge commitment and I think I'm more comfortable with a half marathon. I wanted to journal about our Family Home Evenings these last couple months. It's probably boring to read, but it keeps us accountable and we use it for Family History.

*April 21 - Kylie had us play a matching game about Jesus and His atonement.

*April 28 - Courtney told us the "Story of the Ants" The family of ants were named PersistAnt, ObservAnt, PleasAnt, DiligAnt, ObediAnt, and ServAnt.

*May 5 - Lloyd had us look at our food storage starter kit we ordered and talked to us about the importance of food storage.

*May 12 - Courtney gave us a lesson on faith. She spoke about the brother of Jared and talked about how Jesus watches over us.

*May 19 - Our ward did a 40 day fast for missionary work. We watched a video about fasting and talked about its importance.

*May 26 - Memorial Day, we went to the river and had a BBQ with Grandma, Grandpa Jay, Bryce, and Chareen.

*June 2 - We did an ABC worksheet of temples around the world (got it online)

*June 9 - We talked about pioneers to prepare Courtney and Dad for the stake pioneer trek in July.

*June 16 - The big girls are at camp all week so we took the little kids swimming at the gym.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I just started the host. I loved the Twilight series. Glad you are doing well. When are you going to Hawaii? Sounds great! Enjoy the days of summer. I look forward to your post. Pop over and enter my 300 post contest.