Friday, June 6, 2008

Sixteen Years Ago ...


Sixteen years ago today, on June 6, 1992, Lloyd and I met at a Single Adult Dance in Fremont, CA. We were both 18 years old. We sat down at the same table and I thought he was pretty cute. I thought he had great eyes! Later that night he asked me to dance. We started visiting and I learned he was in the Navy. He lived on an aircraft carrier stationed in Alameda. He got my phone number and we started dating that summer. This is a picture from that summer. I can't believe how young we were. After the summer, I went back to BYU and Lloyd continued in the Navy. After mostly a long-distance relationship, we got married 2 years and a month after we met.


Well, today on the anniversary of the day we met, we have an amazing treat. My brother, Bryce, and his wife are coming to stay with the kid for two nights while Lloyd and I are staying at a hotel in Pleasanton. It's not anything extravagant, but we are so excited to spend the weekend with each other. I am so grateful to my brother and his wife.


I just have to say, I am eternally grateful for my marriage to Lloyd. I don't want to brag, but I think I have the best husband. He is so supportive of me and is so sensitive to my needs. He works so hard for our family both around the house and at his job at SFO. I really don't know how he tolerates driving 180 miles a day just so we can live in a place where we can afford a home. I feel so lucky that after 14 years of marriage, Lloyd and I are still crazy in love. He is my favorite person to be with. Before we got married, he promised he would always treat me like a queen. Well, he truly does! I feel so lucky and blessed to be married to Lloyd. I am so glad that 16 years ago, he asked me to dance. I could not imagine my life without Lloyd.

2 comments:

Laura said...

WOW! What a wonderful treat to get away and enjoy the time together. I know what a great husband Lloyd is and I also know what you went through dating and waiting to get married too. It was certainly worth the wait. Happy Anniversary :)

Sara said...

Hee hee, this is how I remember you two most!
I do remember your long distance dating and so excited for you when you got to finish up the last bit of school back in CA. Wow, I didn't think it had been that long ago.
You two are awesome!!