Thursday, June 5, 2008

Scrapbooking Weekend

On Thursday, May 8, a few days before Mother's Day I went scrapbooking at a cabin with six other girls. We stayed there for two nights. It was such a treat to get away and get lots of scrapbooking done. They all thought I was crazy because I stayed up all night long on Thursday night and didn't go to bed until Friday night (Saturday morning) at 3:00 am. Here are my top five from our scrapbooking get away :


#5 - Staying at a beautiful cabin in the mountains (we even went for a walk)

#4 - Yummy food and lots of treats (we all took turns cooking)

#3 - Lots of "girl talk," laughter, and adult conversation

#2 - A break from our kids (between the 7 of us, we left behind 28 kids)

#1 - Completing beautiful, and creative scrapbook pages (we loved seeing each other's creations)

Kathryn, Me, and Starla






This is Stacey (she did all digital scrapbooking) and Lauri (her uncle let us use the cabin)








Katie and Ashleigh

I feel so blessed to have such special friends like these ladies. They are all very talented wives and mothers. I am grateful for their examples to me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That weekend looked like a lot of fun! What a great idea. I sure miss you and the two times I have been down for GNO you haven't come. I hope you have a great anniversary--so nice to get away from the kids for a couple nights :) Write soon!
Bronwyn

Laura said...

This looks like a totally amazing idea! Good for you. You are very lucky to have found such a great group of women too!