Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Rancho Seco Triathlon

Since I have gained a new love for triathlons, I am always trying to convince others how fun they are. I can't understand why others don't think doing a triathlon is one of the best things in the world. I try to remind myself that we all have different interests and people don't want to hear me talk about triathlons for hours (because I could talk about them for hours if you give me the chance). Anyway, I was able to convince five of my friends to do a triathlon with me on August 7. It was a sprint triathlon at Rancho Seco. I am proud of each of my friends for taking on the challenge and successfully completing the triathlon. Cindy even got third place in her age category and she had to walk the entire run portion because of a sore hamstring. Cindy is totally amazing on the bike.

Here's me with Tami, Cindy, and Ann before the race.

We're showing our stuff!

Lloyd got these pictures of me on the bike and run. I don't think I'll ever be able to convince Lloyd to do a triathlon, mostly because of the swim. I think he prefers being my cheerleader and photographer. I really pushed myself on the bike this time. I was able to get my fastest time at the Rancho Seco sprint distance. My goal was under 1:45 and I came in at 1:44:32. I was thrilled to have reached my goal! I love the high I feel after doing a race; it's the best feeling in the world. I think I keep doing triathlons because I am addicted to that feeling!
I am so lucky to have the most supportive husband. He supports me and cheers me on not only on race day, but also during all the training that leads up to the race!

No comments: