Friday, July 4, 2008

My One Year Anniversary as a Blogger!

It was one year ago today that I published my first post and became an official blogger. In one year, I have published 75 posts. I want to thank everyone who actually reads our blog, and especially thank anyone who makes a comment. Sometimes I wonder if anyone is viewing our blog; thank you to those who make comments so I know you're around. I know this is a little crazy, but I counted the number of comments I've received in the past year. I've noticed that most people who have blogs seem to receive more comments that I do, but it's okay. I mainly keep up with the blog for family history. Anyway, I felt happy to know I have received 99 comments. Thank you to my top three comment givers: Laura gave almost half of all my comments with 41 -- she also inspired me to start a blog, Penny came in second with 15 comments, and Holly, who just learned about my blog in December came in third with 11 comments. Thank you to my other comment givers: Sara (6), Mae (5), Stacey (3), Cathy (3), Bryce (3), Mom (2), Bronwyn (2), and Heidi W. (2). I also received one comment from Katie, Jess, Heidi R., Kathryn, Julie, and myself. I did receive comments from Kim, Larry, and Rebecca via e-mail. I want to challenge anyone who has not left a comment to leave one. Just click on the comment link - you don't need to be a member to leave a comment. I'm going to e-mail our blog address to those of you I haven't heard from. Also, Laura does prize drawings on special posts for all who leave comments. So here's your invitation to leave a comment on my 100th post (24 more to go); I will be doing a prize drawing for anyone who leaves a comment. Keep checking our blog for the next few months to see when 100 comes (you can look at the archive to see how many I've done). Thanks again for the interest and support.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Hey Kristi,
I am getting better at commenting on blogs. Usually, I am your typical lurker just checking in on how old friends are doing. I love seeing your pictures and getting updates about your family. I love it. No more "in 5 min or less, tell what you all have been up to since we saw each other last X years."

Laura said...

I love reading your blog. It gives me a chance to hear and see what is going on with you!

I am glad to know I am your most dedicated reader or commenter (in this case). Ha ha.

GrandpaJay said...

OK Kristi, I'm taking on your challenge to log in and start posting comments. Your Mom is usually the one at the keyboard who calls me over to "come see what's on Kristi's Blog" and then she's off doing her own comments or catching up on other e-mail and I don't get to sit down myself. But today, she let me have a seat at the keyboard. Even though we hear a lot about your family's comings and goings on our phone calls, it's really great to see the pics and read what you have written about everything. It is a great family history. I love checking it out and connecting with you guys. From now on, I'll do more about connecting back! Love, Jay