Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Our Date to the Sacramento Temple



Lloyd and I had the most wonderful date at the Sacramento Temple last Friday. I felt that we really needed to go to the temple since I couldn't remember the last time we had been there as a couple. I felt like we needed to take advantage of going in the summer when the kids are out of school. I was disappointed when I realized the Oakland Temple was closed for two weeks. Then I remembered we have both the Sacramento and Fresno temples not too far away. We decided to go to Sacramento. We had been there two years ago for the Open House before it was dedicated, but had never been back to do a session. We left all the kids with Courtney -- it's wonderful having a daughter old enough to babysit. We had a very peaceful and rewarding experience at the temple. It is so beautiful on the inside and outside. I cherished the quiet peace I felt inside the temple. It was wonderful to be there with Lloyd. I am so very grateful to have temples near our home. I don't want to take them and the blessings they bring for granted. Now that I'm done nursing and having babies, I hope to return to the temple on a regular basis. It helps me to keep an eternal perspective on life and feel grateful that my family is sealed for time and all eternity. After our temple session, Lloyd and I went out to the Spaghetti Factory which has always been a favorite for me. It was a perfect day!

1 comment:

Laura said...

To have a kid old enough to baby sit sounds heavenly. I love how you describe still being in love after 14 yrs of marriage. There is no better thing to go to the temple and be together.