Monday, July 28, 2008

Off to Kauai

Well, I've finally got everything packed for our seven day trip to Kauai. It was a lot of work getting the seven of us ready to go. I am still worried about how the boys are going to do being on an airplane for over five hours! We've packed plenty of crayons, coloring books, small toys, books, and of course lots of snacks. I also have some Benadryl, just in case. Here's a picture of our 6 bags and6 carry ons, plus two car seats and a stroller. I think we packed enough!

We'll be meeting up with my parents, and my siblings' families. There will be 19 of us all together. I know we will have a great time and will create memories that will last a lifetime. I can't wait to see what Kauai is like. Lloyd and I went to Oahu on our honeymoon, but have never been back. This is really a dream come true for our family. Growing up, my mom always wanted to take our family to Hawaii, but we could never afford it. Well, our family dream is finally coming true.


P.S.
I just wanted to remind all you Twilight fans that Breaking Dawn is coming out this Saturday. Thank goodness, I found a Borders in Kauai. Courtney and I will be attending the midnight release party on Friday night. I hope the boys sleep on our flight home so I can find out how Bella's story ends.
P.P.S. I know I'm a nut blogging at this hour! Where are my priorities?

5 comments:

Holly said...

WOW!! Hope you have a great time and can't wait to see all the pictures from when you get back!

Jess said...

HAve fun!!! I'm so jealous! Also... that is HILARIOUS that you are going to the breaking dawn party in Hawaii!!! I;ll be in Edmonton and I'm trying to figure out a way to go to one too! Having a great time in Canada!

Stacey said...

Hi Kristi! I hope you are having an awesome time in Hawaii! I just wanted to let you know we will be thinking of you tonight at dinner and the Breaking Dawn party here in Modesto. I hope you and Courtney had fun at the one in Hawaii. Can't wait to catch up on your trip when you get back!

GrandpaJay said...

Now after all that time in Kauai, I don't know how I missed hearing anything from Courtney or Lloyd about the pioneer trek! It's wonderful that you recorded it here so that all can share. Hope you have caught up on your sleep since the red eye back home--Mom and I almost have. And my legs are almost usable again since our hike on the Kalalau Trail. Love, Jay

Laura said...

Sounds amazing ENJOY! I got the book and am reading it right now.