Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Breaking Dawn Party

We woke up early Friday morning to four of the five kids sick with the flu. Courtney was the only one who wasn't throwing up. We didn't do much that day except take care of the kids. Courtney and I were lucky enough to go to a Breaking Dawn party at Borders. With the party being in Kauai, it wasn't packed, but there were a lot of people there. They gave out about 100 wrist bands so we could buy the book right at midnight. They were asking trivia questions about the Twilight books. They were also having Edward vs. Jacob debates. It was a fun and exciting atmosphere. We were getting so excited when they brought the Breaking Dawn boxes out.

We left thrilled to have our copies of the book. I bought Courtney her own copy as an early birthday gift.
Well, I finished the book this past Saturday. There were quite a few surprises in the story. There were a few parts where I felt like Stephenie Meyer was stretching to make it all work. It seemed like it had more fantasy to it than some of the other books. Overall, I really liked it especially the first section of the book. We had our ward book club on the book tonight. Almost twenty people came! I prepared a quiz and got to lead the discussion. It was really fun! Now I have the Twilight movie to look forward to on November 21!

No comments: