Monday, August 25, 2008

Snorkeling and Tubing

On Saturday of our trip to Kauai, I woke up with the stomach flu after all the kids had been sick the day before. I was really disappointed because Lloyd and I had reservations to go on a tubing trip. I didn't know if I could make it and I didn't want to risk throwing up on the trip, but I really wanted to go. I decided to try and go. I had really been looking forward to it! I almost went back to the hotel when I felt like I was going to be sick again, but I ended up being okay. We rode in this open jeep and the cool air on my face helped me to feel better!
They gave us a tour of some of the back roads in Kauai. We stopped at this view. The plateau on this mountain gets the most rainfall in the world. We went tubing down former irrigation canals. We wore head lamps to see as we floated through five different caves. It was so beautiful and relaxing. The river was just the right pace - not too slow or fast. I really loved going inside the caves!
Lloyd with a bit of the scenery behind him.

Me looking a little pale, but so glad that I was able to go on this fun adventure.
Snorkeling was a favorite activity for both Lloyd and Courtney. It really is amazing to swim with the fish! Here's Katelyn in her snorkel gear.

The underwater camera can't do justice to what we saw snorkeling. Here's a fish - we saw lots. Below is a sea turtle (sorry it's such a bad picture).

1 comment:

Mom said...

You tubing trip looks like such fun. I am glad that you got to go despite not feeling too well. Going through the tunnel was so much fun I bet. I loved the snorkeling too. Seeing a turtle swim is really cool. It was fun seeing Courtney snorkel.