Friday, August 15, 2008

Kipu Falls and Lydgate Park


One of the most fun activities we did in Kauai was visit Kipu Falls. Only eight of us came because this was more of an adult activity. Above is a picture of the eight of us- Baby Addie tagged along to be with her Mom. Kipu Falls is a 22 feet waterfall with a rope swing and cliff you can jump off of. We each took turns swinging on the rope swing and jumping off the cliff. It was a real adrenaline rush. Hitting the water at such a high speed can hurt. I think we were all left with some bruises and sore bodies, but it was worth it!
THE ROPE SWING:

BRYCE

LLOYD

MATT


COURTNEY

CHAREEN

KRISTI

KAREN

Jumping off the cliff was a bit more scary than the rope swing. I was amazed at how fast you fall. Gravity is a strong force! Courtney was smarter than the rest of us and decided not to do the cliff jumping.

THE CLIFF JUMP:
BRYCE
LLOYD

MATT

KAREN
KRISTI

CHAREEN

Grandma and Grandpa were kind enough to take the kids to Lydgate Park while we were at Kipu Falls. The kids had fun playing on the playground together. Grandpa Jay took these pictures of them. I love this picture of my boys. It shows how blue their eyes are.

Cameron- my sweet and loving, yet challenging boy

3 comments:

Holly said...

Wow what fun! you guys really did have a great trip!

Jess said...

Okay, I'm so jealous!!! I can't wait to see what else you guys did. The pictures of the snow cones acutally had my mouth watering! I'm so impressed that you cliff dove Kristi! I think that I would be too chicken.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.