Saturday, October 4, 2008

26.2 Miles - Can I Do It?

Well, tomorrow is the day I have training for since May. I have literally ran over one hundred miles to train for this marathon. My last long run was on September 19 when I ran 25 miles. It wasn't actually too bad. So I think I'm ready, but I still get butterflies in my stomach anytime I think about it. I'm nervous about disappointing myself. My goal is to run the entire 26.2 miles. I'm nervous about pacing myself. I don't want to start out too slow or too fast. It will take me over four hours to run the race, but it doesn't seem nearly that long. I am amazed at how much I've progressed by training for so many months. In the middle of my training there were times it felt like torture and I was convinced I would never do another marathon after this one. I feel differently now. I feel so strong and in such great shape. I can run faster than I did before and I'm actually really enjoying the challenge of a long distance. I am now considering actually doing another marathon. Anyone up for the Salt Lake City marathon on April 18? I'll post the results of my marathon next week. I'm wishing myself good luck!

6 comments:

Jess said...

Hey we were at the Winter's house watching amazing race when you called and said that you ran your race today!!! Congratulations! Kristi, you seriously amaze me.

Mom said...

YOU DID IT! Great job sis. I was so pleased for you and absolutely amazed that anyone can run that far. You looked beat at the finish line but you came in with a smile.
Great job for anyone and most
especially for a mom with 5 kiddos.
Glad I could be part of the day.
Congratulation honey!

The Aussie and the Owl said...

I know this is late -but good luck! And, congratulations, 26.2 miles - that is killer! I am so proud of you - I tell everyone I know that my friend just ran a marathon! :)

Laura said...

You constantly amaze me! Great job!

Holly said...

You could so do it! Didn't you do one already? So is this your second? My limit is 13.1, but that is stretching it now with the bum leg... you are awesome! you do soooo much girlfriend!

Sara said...

So, how did you do!!!????