Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Birthday

The night before my birthday I went out to dinner and scrapbooking with my friends Natalie and Stacey. Stacey treated me to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Strings. Italian food is my favorite and I just love that place! Then we went scrapbooking at the home of Karen Monschein in Oakdale. I love going scrapbooking at Karen's! I always have so much fun there. There are lots of other moms there and we love to share stories and laugh. I love getting caught up with my scrapbooking too. I'll never be caught up, but I do my best to stay on top of it. My actual birthday was on Kylie's baptism day so it was pretty busy. We had to go to Costco and get all ready for the baptism. I was excited that Kylie was getting baptized on my birthday because that was the same day I got baptized. We celebrated my birthday after the baptism. My biggest gift was my road bike. I had done three triathlons on a Target mountain bike and I patiently waited to get a road bike for my birthday. It wasn't really a surprise because I bought it myself on ebay. Lloyd assembled it for me though and I told him I didn't want to see it until my birthday. Here Lloyd is bringing in the bike while I close my eyes. I am so happy and excited! The waiting is over. The bike has taken me a little getting used to, but I love it!

I also got to enjoy two batches of my favorite -mint brownies! The one with the candles was made by my friend Ashleigh (I had already eaten half the pan before the evening of my birthday) and the other batch was made by my friend Tami. I was a lucky girl. I absolutely LOVE these brownies. Just looking at this picture makes my mouth water! Well, I'm 36 now -that much closer to 40. I honestly don't feel that old, but when I see how old my kids are I realize time passes in the blink of an eye. Each day I try to take time to enjoy my beautiful life. I am so very blessed.

No comments: