Thursday, September 4, 2008

Courtney Is a Teenager!

Yes, it's true Courtney officially became a teenager last Friday on her 13th birthday. She was lucky enough to have the day off of school due to a teacher inservice. It was a fabulous day for her. We started the day with our family breakfast at Marie Callender's. Then she got to open all her presents. Her biggest gift was a gift card to the mall so she could go on a mini shopping spree. (She ended up going to the mall on Monday. She got some "skinny" jeans, a hoodie jacket, a Tigger from the Disney store, and lunch at Carl's Junior). After she and Cameron opened their presents, we took off for her birthday party. She invited five friends to Shadow Cliff Lake for water sliding and time at the beach. I love water slides so I was really excited about this birthday party! It was a very hot day so the water slides and lake were very refreshing. The girls had the time of their lives (except when one of them threw up in my car on the way there, luckily it cleaned up pretty easily). Yes, Courtney is just about as tall as I am!Grandma and Grandpa even joined in on the party! After water sliding, we all went out to dinner at Fuddrucker's. It was a perfect party.
It's hard to think I have a teenage daughter now. Next year she'll be in high school, and then she'll be off to college before I know it. I am so privileged to be Courtney's mother. I honestly believe she is a very choice and righteous spirit. I hate to admit it, but she is more mature than me in so many ways. I am so blessed to have my daughter as an example to me. She is very selfless, easy going, responsible, and good natured. As the oldest of five, she has to help me out so much and she rarely complains. Courtney is also so talented. She's very athletic. She also is talented in art and music. She is smart and gets along well with others. She's the peacemaker in our family. I love her so much. I wish I could take credit for teaching her to be like this, but I can't. Heavenly Father sent her to us just the way she is. She is a joy to our entire family. Happy Birthday, Courtney!

1 comment:

Mom said...

It was so fun being at Courtney's party. It still amazes me that she is a teen-ager. She is such a very nice 13 year old. Please let her know that we love her. I love you.